Followers

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Scrapbook Weekend

I took Friday off from work and spent the morning with my DH taking the kids to school and then going to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then going to Old Time Pottery. He was such a good sport and even participated at Old Time Pottery!
I later left for my big weekend of scrapbooking. twice a year now I get together with my sister-in-law and her friends and we scrapbook until all hours. This time we rented a cabin and it was great - it even had a hot tub which yes, I made use of. I also took off Monday and so when I left the cabin and did a little shopping in Pigeon Forge at the Christmas stores. I couldn't help myself I had to buy a few things. I also stopped at the Scrapbook Store!! and bought some things there too, but then I went to visit with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law for a couple of hours. I was saddened to hear how difficult it is without Kim and how they are struggling personally, however, I do understand. Kim was such a part of their lives and since I live so far away it's just not as frequent a reminder that Kim is no longer here and won't be here for Thanksgiving. so we are having to think of a different way to celebrate Thanksgiving this year.
I then went to visit with my grandparents. My grandma is deteriorating pretty fast to where she doesn't usually remember people and events, although she remembered me and my husband even though he wasn't with me. I was so glad to get to spend that time with them and then I went and had dinner with my sister and my dad and nephew. I absolutely loved the freedom that day to go and see and do as I pleased while my DH was home holding down the fort with the baby!
God is so good. He has poored His blessings on me when I don't deserve it. Thank you Lord!

No comments: