Followers

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A happier note . . . . I think . . . .

I have been praying for God to speak to me regarding an area of service. My philosophy has always been to be more than a chair warmer on Sunday mornings. Of course, my husband and I do child care and we sing in the choir but I felt I needed more. So I heard about the ministry of Dawson McAllister and I trained to be a Hopeline coach. My first night answering the phones was on Sunday night. It was a great experience, except I think I really need to pray for more wisdom as to what to say, although for the most part we are just there to provide the kids a place to talk and for us to listen. I've also been trying to be more attentive to my own kids in that regard. It doesn't make sense for me to listen to other kids with problems and ignore my own!!

No comments: